Connecting STEM professionals with teachers to deliver engaging STEM education in classrooms provides innovative learning opportunities for the STEM professional, the teacher and students.
Benefits of the program include:
- increasing knowledge of STEM for teachers and students, and how it applies to the real-world
- increasing student participation in STEM‑related subjects
- improving communication skills and professional development for teachers and STEM professionals
- showcasing STEM as a potential career path for students
- increasing industry engagement through corporate social responsibility
- integration with other CSIRO Education and Outreach programs
We work with a range of STEM-related industries and all partnerships are flexible, which means STEM professionals and teachers work together to determine what partnership model and activities work best for them.